If you have a manual transmission, your clutch plays a critical role in your transmission. Most clutches log tens of thousands of miles before they run into problems, but with enough miles logged, damage becomes more and more likely. That means your clutch will probably need servicing at some point in your vehicle’s lifespan. When that happens, the team at Multistate Transmission® Haltom City can provide you with clutch repair services you need to get your car back into road-ready condition.
6 Signs Your Car Needs a Clutch Repair
A damaged clutch will lead to red flags. If you’ve noticed any of the six warning signs listed below, the team at Multistate Transmission Haltom City can provide you with a free clutch repair inspection…
- Clutch Pedal Feels “Off.” If your clutch pedal feels spongy, overly sensitive, or seems to sink when you press on it, there’s a very high chance that you’ll need a clutch repair for your vehicle.
- Problems Shifting Gears. A slipping clutch often leads to problems changing gears. You might find it’s difficult to shift into specific gears, or that your gear shift starts shaking.
- Clutch Chatter. If you notice chattering noise when you’re upshifting or downshifting, this could be caused by oil contamination in your clutch.
- Burning Smell. Can you detect the smell of burning rubber as you drive? There are a few different types of damage that can cause a burning smell, including damage to your clutch.
- High RPMs. If your clutch is slipping, you might start to notice that your vehicle is taking more RPMs. Another sign is RPMs don’t immediately increase when you downshift.
- Lack of Power. A slipping clutch means less power for your wheels. This can result in a noticeable lack of pick-up and power, particularly if you’ve got a heavy load.
Note that these signs don’t always point to clutch damage — they could mean damage elsewhere in your transmission. In most cases, you’ll need a professional inspection before you know for sure if you’re having problems with your clutch or another part of your transmission. The transmission and clutch repair experts at Multistate Transmission Haltom City will be more than happy to help you determine what the problem is and how to fix it.
Clutch Repair in Haltom City, TX
Clutch repair services at Multistate Transmission Haltom City offer the parts, expertise, and workmanship you need for your vehicle. Our team of clutch experts works exclusively with high-quality replacement parts, and we back up our repairs with a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty.
To schedule a FREE clutch repair inspection for your vehicle, call Multistate Transmission Haltom City today.